How The Organic Label Kills Part III – Your Personal Solution
By now, you realize that the organic label is not a reliable indicator of health – giving food. Throwing up your hands and blindly buying organic invites the unscrupulous to rob you of both your health and your wealth.
Below is a chart listing foods from the healthiest to the least healthy. This is based on my observations over the years of the effects these have had on my patients. No bogus research here.
0. Purified tap water. Use a brita, Nikken, reverse osmosis filter. Store your purified water in a glass container. One serving is 8 ounces
1. Edible weeds from your back yard or an area within 1 mile of your home that has not had pesticides sprayed in the past 4 years. Picked by you or someone you know. Eat within 7 days of harvest
2. Non- Organic Fruit or vegetable picked from a nearby tree or plant. Eaten within 1 week of harvest
this includes starchy produce as well like potatoes, Name, Otoy, rutabagas
3. Food from your backyard garden
4. Organic produce from a farmer that you know personally – located within 50 miles of where you live
5. Produce with seeds – oranges, grapes, watermelon with seeds regardless of organic status
6. Non- Organic “Fresh” Produce eaten after 1 week of harvest. This is raw produce that has been in cold storage. Example, winter squash from the cold cellar, apples in June
7. Wild game that you or a friend of yours hunted.
8. Domestic animals that you raised yourself without chemicals or antibiotics.
9. Organic produce from the grocery store that is grown less than 50 miles from where you live
10. Non-organic produce from the grocery store
11. Single ingredient bulk dried foods; dried rice, dried beans, quinoa,…
12. Organic Produce that was harvested more than 50 miles from your residence
13. Organic Dried Fruit, Candy Bars, Power Bars,
14. Bottled beverages that do not contain potassium sorbate or sodium benzoate
15. Meat, dairy or wheat purchased from the grocery store – even if it is wild caught salmon.
16. Packaged foods with multiple ingredients that are partly prepared; example, frozen dinners, canned beans, dinner in a box, noodle mixes
17. Restaurant food
18. Alcohol, sugar – in all of its forms – honey, rapadura, agave nectar, white sugar, syrups of any kind, coffee, cacao
19. Any food that claims to be a healthy imitation of a bad food. Examples are: fake sausage, fake cheese, ice cream substitute, butter substitute, fake hot dogs, milk substitutes
I have not mentioned GMO because GMO’s are subsumed in categories above and GMO’s are not labelled at this time. This makes it difficult to identify them and take action.
How do you use this chart?
The foods have been numbered. Notice that water has been numbered zero. This means that almost any choice can be mitigated by drinking water. Arrange your diet so that you have an average number of 8. This does not mean that you can never drink alcohol. It just means you should reduce it to the lowest level that is comfortable for you and drink plenty of water to offset its effect. Usually, a volume of water that is 2 to 4 times the volume of the food you want to mitigate will improve your health. An average score of 4 is outstanding. Foods with a score of more than 10 should be avoided or offset with the ingestion of filtered water.
The importance of this rating system is that a vegan eating processed vegan foods, can easily grasp the health implications of his diet and make changes that improve health and prosperity. Similarly, it keeps people who are trying to eat healthy from falling into the trap of giving up their favorite foods only to replace them with less healthy foods. No matter how healthy your diet, some junk slips in. See what others are saying.
I welcome your comments and questions.
Promoting Your Health and Happiness,
Dr Jennifer (Healing is Natural) Daniels
The internal cleanser for everyday use.